Wednesday, January 26, 2011

30 minutes, 39 lines deep.

I find myself in a tangled web
that someone spun from broken threads
And seamlessly they fell apart
and wrapped together in the dark
for in the light I sure can see
the space between the threads in me
the space that lies between the lines
they made with broken little ties
but must i not be defined
by what you see and others find
in minds that catch in tangled webs
made with fabrications thread
I am not what they say they hear
I'm what you feel when truth is near
I am the truth that shines the light
through the strings that bring the night
And may the night fall on us all
And may the web catch those who fall
But know that broken strings fall through
And truth will always be what's true
And what a web they spin with lies
And what a life they live with ties
that break at every end that meets
with every other end that greets
another lie that soon retreats
back to a shadowed web of cries
for no light shines on falsity
and sunlight shines with majesty
so why should rays of light be kind
to darkness with no thoughts divine
and where goes all the wasted time
of countless tries to realign
a faceless web of broken rhymes
that limbo within falsity
I choose not that the face of these
these withered little vacant needs
for I, the light that shines in me
knows but three words
I AM FREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment