Monday, January 24, 2011

Love Rocks and Such Things

There was a time when you captivated my heart
Where the trees were ripe for us, and the air was warm and still
You held me in a place where I couldn't see, but I could feel.
And for a while, it felt okay, I was still alive, and that was what mattered most.
My feelings were strong, but there was always something telling me to look beyond this infatuation
It was something I thought was love, but there was something wrong.
And when my mask came off, I saw the man behind the curtain, and I realized that this fairytale was a mere fabrication
It was a falsified version of our lives
Things were well and nice on the outside,
But on the inside burned brilliant the flames of disfunction
I fell for a lie, and I fell hard
and when I tried to get up on my own
the puppeteer pulled my strings till I was weary and weak
And I realized quick that there is not a life so bleak
than a life that is lived by a lie
So I crossed my fingers and tapped my heals thrice
And I came to realize that my life was so nice
When my mind was not captivated by your lies

heart rocks from a single hike

1 comment:

  1. Just found an amazing heart rock yesterday at the beach. So fun..xoxo

    ReplyDelete